Shaun

Runique News Team Applications

Hello everyone,

Due to popular demand, I have decided to start up Runique News again, and I am currently probing for several members of the community to join me in working on and inditing up incipient editions once every month (around the same time as the new member of the month has been chosen).

What the Runique News will provide:

• Updates (brief information regarding recent updates done to the rules, game, website/forum, and staff team). 
  • Events (brief information regarding current and upcoming events).
  • Community Spotlight (giving those the spotlight that they deserve. This could be a Runique video uploaded to YouTube, an active livestreamer, a suggestion/feedback thread, or even someone who has been extremely helpful within the community).
  • Community Achievements (showcasing recent great achievements made throughout the community). 
  • Clan Community (what's happening within the clan community).
  • Staff/Player Interviews (interviews being made usually with 1 member of staff and 1 member of the community - maybe with the new member of the month as well).
  • World News (headlines and information regarding what is happening outside of Runique and in the real world). 

Requirements:

• Be fairly decent in English spelling and grammar.
  • Must be dedicated, motivated, and active.
  • Must have 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) enabled on your account.
  • Must have 25+ post count (this does not apply currently).
  • Your account must be a month old, with 7 days spent online across the game and forum (this does not apply currently).
  • Must not have any active infractions or warnings via the forum, nor received any punishment in-game within the last 3 months.

Application:

Location/Timezone (UTC): 

Discord Tag:

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?:

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?:

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2):

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Application: J W Kingsley

Location/Timezone (UTC): USA Central

Discord Tag: JWKingsley#7904

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I enjoy writing and I feel I could help contribute to the server as being a member of the News Team.

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: I just expect to be a member of the community more and have the of a connection with our Team.

Which Sections Would You Like To Write? (Maximum Of 2): The 2 Sections I would Like to make is World News, and Updates.

P.S. I have done the World news before for another News Team in the past which I was with them for 6 months but due to lack of Team Connection and Activity I decided it wasn't enjoyable anymore so I stepped down. But I know Runique has always had a strong community base and I feel Like I could do my best to contribute and have a wonderful time with Runique News. Anyways thank you for reading my application.

Edited by J W Kingsley

Location/Timezone (UTC): UK 

Discord Tag: Kaizen#1293

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I previously worked on the news team on the old Runique and enjoyed it, I like staying active on the forums and love being a part of posting content. It would also give me something extra to do now I have so much spare time. I enjoy being a part of anything Runique related and would like to contribute. 

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: Connect with the community better and just be able to help out by delivering something nice for people to read. 

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2): I previously did world news so I would like to do something else. Community Achievements or Updates would be fun!  

Location/Timezone (UTC): NZ

Discord Tag: ZiggyZaggy#4913

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I like writing. 🙂

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: Nothing? 

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2): Any will do dude

Location/Timezone (UTC):  Florida

Discord Tag: JaK#8704

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I have similar News Team experience elsewhere and pretty much ran it solo for a few months. Its something that I really enjoyed doing then so I imagine working under the News Team here would be a blast.

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: a blast.

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2): Community Spotlight and Clan Community

Location/Timezone (UTC): GB

Discord Tag: Only use Skype

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I provide the skills needed and I would enjoy it

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: Friends and enjoyment

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2): Interviews and world news

Hi Shaun! Here's my application:

Application

Location/Timezone (UTC): UTC+2 (Netherlands)

Discord Tag: rain#9709

Why Would You Like To Work With The Runique News Team?: I love writing and challenging myself in that regard. English isn't my native language, but shouldn't be a problem. The idea pitched in the original post sounds good, and I like the idea of having a 'newspaper' variety for a private server. I also think that it's helpful for new players and for veterans who want to read some background information. Apart from that, having all the current events and whatnot centralized within one document/paper per month sounds good as well. It'll take some work and time to get used to, but I'll be more than happy to invest what's needed for this to succeed. 

What Do You Expect To Get Out Of Being A Part Of The Runique News Team?: A well-informed playerbase. 

Which Sections Would You Like To Work And Write? (Maximum Of 2): Community Spotlight, Clan Community

Thanks for reading!

Greetings.

I feel that Kingsley, Yourself (Shaun) and JaK would make a great starter team for the News Team, but sadly the 3 of you don't play enough to have it up and running most weeks. 

Would absolutely love to see this come to life though!