Don Shaun

More Events in the Pipeline?

For me, if there was one thing about RuneScape Private Servers that I appreciated the most over the 12 years of playing, it would not be the levels or various achievements that I have accomplished, it would be events. Events which involved staff and community interaction, the community getting together and having a delectable time, making new friends, etc. Events have always been a thing that kept me exhilarated and motivated to perpetuate playing. 

Granted, the overall atmosphere has changed a bit, as back then people would play for enjoyment, and now the general posture seems to be "No XP waste" (which I understand, people want to be efficient in their play time, etc.), however, I am sure there are still plenty out there who do not mind putting "No XP waste" to a side for a short while to take part and engage in some enjoyment with other players. Whether it be a mini-game, a Q&A, a skill 'n' chill, or just a get-together where the administration team or even owners do some arbitrary enjoyable things.

Another thing I understand is how busy the owners and administration can be, which I feel is where a new possible role could come into play - an event organiser/community manager. This role would have similar powers to server and forum moderators, along with some new event-related commands. The role's main duties would be to host a variety of events during the weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

What do you guys think about this? Down below I will list some ideas regarding events during the weekends. Obviously they would not be hosted all in one day, and instead spread out throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Weekend Events:

• Staff verses Community - This event will take place either in Clan Wars or deep within the Wilderness and in a multi-zone. The staff will have their hitpoints and other combat stats boosted, and the community must get together to battle the staff. If the event is taken place in Clan Wars, then the reward (if the community wins) could be a drop party or have something activated for an hour, such as double experience, x1.5 drop rate boost, etc. If the event is taken place in the Wilderness, then the staff could have rewards placed in their inventories, in which the player who deals the most damage to them upon death would receive the rewards. They would have to tank their way out of the Wilderness in order to keep their rewards, and if safely done, they could keep or even split with their friends. 
  • Skill Pet Hunt - A pet from a particular skill will be announced, and the players will race to obtain the announced skill pet first. The player to receive the announced skill pet first will receive a reward.
  • Boss Item Hunt - An item from a particular boss will be announced, and the players will race to obtain the announced boss item first. The player to receive the announced boss item first will receive a reward.
  • Boss Massacre Event - A random boss will be announced, players will join forces to fight the boss and while the event is ongoing - those who obtain a drop from the boss' rare drop table will receive a reward on top of that.
  • Edgeville PvP Event - Players come together to fight each other in Edgeville's Wilderness. If certain players seem to be getting the spotlight and are getting tons of kills, they will receive rewards. 
  • Juggernaut Event - Another PvP-related event. This event would occur deep within the Wilderness and in a multi-zone. A member of staff (event organiser/community manager) would boost their hitpoints to (an example) 20,000 and have a handful of rewards in their inventory. Whoever deals the most damage to the juggernaut upon death will receive the the rewards, however, the player will also have their name announced in the global chat, increasing the difficulty of this event. 
  • Scavenger Hunt Event - Players will need some specified items that the member of staff hosting (event organiser/community) announces. The player to obtain the specified items and hand over first will receive a reward. 
  • Weapon Game - Everybody knows this one, however, winners of the mini-game will receive a better reward while it is being hosted as an event.
  • Hide and Seek - Everybody knows this one!
  • Trivia - Everybody knows this one!
Edited by Don Shaun
  • Like 7

Would love to see this, remember how fun the old days were when there were massive weapon games events etc. Think it would be really fun. 

• Like 1

These suggestions for more events seem pretty reasonable and I don't see why they couldn't be added. Maybe we could do some of these on days staff have free time I know I usually work weekends but my job place is changing soon I wouldn't mind maybe hosting some events on a Saturday. It would have to be the next Saturday though since I'm finishing out the week at this last job but I wouldn't mind doing some Hide and seek events. Anyways great Suggestions Shaun. 🙂 

• Like 1

Sounds like a pretty good idea, not sure if a new "role" is necessary but I generally like the idea of more events, that involve interactions. 🙂

• Like 1

Hey,

Awesome post! Really like the ideas and hope we can implement most of them in the near future.

In regards to the "Community Manager" role, we actually already discussed this behind the scenes and have implemented it unofficially. We didn't have many idea's for the role originally and it was mostly started so that the community suggestions could actively be responded to and brought to the game. It seems to have worked so far in bringing attention to community ideas as well as increasing communication and hopefully these changes have been noticed within the previous weeks.

Now that we have these idea we will discuss further additions to the role and hopefully have some community events sometime soon. We may even start off sooner with the features already implemented the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hey,

Awesome post! Really like the ideas and hope we can implement most of them in the near future.

In regards to the "Community Manager" role, we actually already discussed this behind the scenes and have implemented it unofficially. We didn't have many idea's for the role originally and it was mostly started so that the community suggestions could actively be responded to and brought to the game. It seems to have worked so far in bringing attention to community ideas as well as increasing communication and hopefully these changes have been noticed within the previous weeks.

Now that we have these idea we will discuss further additions to the role and hopefully have some community events sometime soon. We may even start off sooner with the features already implemented the game.

Most of the event ideas that I have listed can be self-hosted by the staff members or event organiser/community manager. I feel having them as an automatic system would come across lazy and would take out the idea of staff and community interaction. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Don Shaun said:

Most of the event ideas that I have listed can be self-hosted by the staff members or event organiser/community manager. I feel having them as an automatic system would come across lazy and would take out the idea of staff and community interaction. 

Oh yeah, for sure, I just meant minor changes for the ones that require things like stat boosting or how skilling pets are not currently announced. Changes might also have to be to the commands the community manager is given to enable these event (when needed).

We will definitely keep staff and community interaction in mind though!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 12:31 PM, Don Shaun said:
  • Staff verses Community - This event will take place either in Clan Wars or deep within the Wilderness and in a multi-zone. The staff will have their hitpoints and other combat stats boosted, and the community must get together to battle the staff. If the event is taken place in Clan Wars, then the reward (if the community wins) could be a drop party or have something activated for an hour, such as double experience, x1.5 drop rate boost, etc. If the event is taken place in the Wilderness, then the staff could have rewards placed in their inventories, in which the player who deals the most damage to them upon death would receive the rewards. They would have to tank their way out of the Wilderness in order to keep their rewards, and if safely done, they could keep or even split with their friends. 
  •  

I always liked the idea of staff ran events towards the community.

Skill Pet Hunt - A pet from a particular skill will be announced, and the players will race to obtain the announced skill pet first. The player to receive the announced skill pet first will receive a reward.

As long as theres a certain demand for exp gained to register into the event as a participating player. Imagine a fresh log in after working for 3/4/5 hours o.O .

Boss Item Hunt - An item from a particular boss will be announced, and the players will race to obtain the announced boss item first. The player to receive the announced boss item first will receive a reward.

Same as above but Maybe a demand for kill count instead. Or maybe being surrounded by 2 or more participating members.

Overall all of the idea suggested above seem super dope. Super support.

• Like 1