Darth Fader

vote timer

I think it would be a great idea to add a vote timer in the R tab to let people know how long they have till they can vote again. It would help keep people intune for when they need to vote again and help the server out by doing so.

• Like 1

I like this suggestion, or if possible add a timer like with your overload and time played timers for example. Does not have to be in the Runique or R tab. Support

• Like 1

I support. Also, I have already suggested this in the past, but I will suggest it again here - have the double experienced received from voting pause while logged out. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Don Shaun said:

I support. Also, I have already suggested this in the past, but I will suggest it again here - have the double experienced received from voting pause while logged out. 

I'm with Shaun on the double xp from voting pausing while your account is logged out. That's why I hardly vote, because I vote, end up using one or two and then having to log out to go do something IRL and when I come back poof my double xp is gone.

• Like 2

I definitely agree & support both Shaun & Darth's suggestions. They're both updates that would be extremely useful.

• Like 2

Agreed; gives better efficiency when comes to voting. Also dxp timer on log out should be paused I agree with.

• Like 2

Sending a timer every second to every player's Runique tab is actually pretty tolling in terms of efficiency for the server. Though it may not seem like it, when there's 100 players, sending that much data does eat up bandwidth on simply trying to keep an updated timer. This was one of the memory leak issues on Runique 1 which I had to fix before the re-launch

• Like 1

Maybe a compromise to this would to make a simplified version that polls how much time is left until the next vote, and have it ping something like 12 hours, 6 hours , 3 hours, 1 hour, now! as its 'timer' rather than second by second rundown, although there is a good chance this could eat bandwidth just the same ; nevertheless its a suggestion